What is Dedicated Server
Dedicated Server will be the more expensive solution among these three solutions, it is because a dedicated server allocates the whole server dedicated to your own usage. This means that sharing your resources with others will not happen in any means.
Dedicated Server is always related to large website, email servers which require an enormous resource to run. It is good for you to own and run your server on-premises, but it is better for you to outsource it to web host providers as it saves your costs in terms of time and resources in the long run.
Advantages of Dedicated Server:
- Dedicated as like you own a server
- Security is promised by eliminating the risk in terms of security by eliminating infection from other users.
- Powerful, you enjoy all the benefits, resources and performance to your online platform as well as other usage.
- Multi-functional, Dedicated Server is also capable of performing multiple functionalities with powerful performance.
Disadvantages of Dedicated Server:
- Complexity, higher flexibility, and scalability will eventually require higher technical knowledge to manipulate it. However, you can get a professionally managed service by the web service provider
When you should choose Dedicated Server
- Enterprise website, web application, email servers as well as other online platforms.
- A large dense e-commerce web platform
Summary Table of comparison between Shared Hosting, VPS and Dedicated Server
|Characteristics||Shared Hosting||VPS||Dedicated Server|
|Disk Space Provided||Up to 30GB||Up to 100GB||Up to 2 x 4 TB|
|Monthly Data Transfer||Up to 50GB||Up to 2000GB||Unlimited Data Transfer|
|Bandwidth Allocation||20Mbps – shared with other site||10 Mbps||100Mbps|
|Platform Available||Linux & Windows||Linux & Windows||Linux & Windows|
|Density of Shared User||300||Low||No shared user|
Source gathered from WebServer.com.my